Trend Extended Warranty
Trend Professional Power Tools meet the highest quality standards. We offer you the opportunity to extend your warranty to three years from date of purchase free of charge. All you have to do is register your tool online within four weeks of purchase.
This offer is available for the following Trend Professional Power Tools only; Product Refs. T5EB, T5ELB, T5EK, T5ELK, T5EK/MK2, T7EK, T10EK, T10ELK, T11EK, T11ELK, T20K, T20LK, T35A and T35AL
The offer applies to the tools listed above that are bought and used in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland only.
Please note offer excludes T4 router, T31A dust extractor. battery operated power tools, router tables, machinery including CNC machines and power tools supplied accessories, battery packs and chargers. B and C grade stock products are also excluded.
To register your product, you will need to register as a user on our website. On the account management page you can then register your power tool for the warranty extension and print out your warranty certificate. You will need to register each purchased tool separately. If you need to make a claim under the three-year warranty, you will need the Product Guarantee Certificate together with the original proof of date of purchase.
Trend Extended Warranty - Manufacturer’s Guarantee
(Applicable from 18th February 2013).
All Trend Professional Power Tools are carefully checked and tested to meet the stringent controls of Trend Quality Assurance.
Trend therefore offers a guarantee for Trend Professional Power Tools. Your warranty claim based on your sales contract with the retailer, including your statutory rights, shall not be affected by this guarantee.
We offer a guarantee for these tools in accordance with the following conditions:
- Our guarantee in accordance with the following provisions (numbers 2 to 8) provides for the correction of deficiencies to the power tool, at no charge, if it can be verified to the satisfaction of Trend that the deficiencies were caused by a material or manufacturing fault within the guarantee period.
- The guarantee period begins from the time the tool is purchased from new. The starting date is the date on the original sales receipt
- For all Trend Professional Power Tools bought on or after 18th February 2013 (with the exception of the T4 router, all battery operated power tools, router tables, machinery including CNC machines, B and C grade stock products), the guarantee period shall be extended to 36 months if you register these tools within 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Registration can only be made via the Trend website at www.trend-uk.com. To validate any claim the registration Product Guarantee Certificate, which should be stored and/or printed out immediately, and the original proof of date of purchase, is necessary. Registration shall only be possible if you agree to the storage of the data entered.
- The guarantee does not cover:
- Parts of the tool that are subject to natural wear and tear caused by use in accordance with the tools instructions.
- Defects in the tool caused by non-compliance with the instructions, improper use, abuse, abnormal environmental or inappropriate operating conditions, overload or insufficient servicing or maintenance of the tool.
- Defects caused by using non-original Trend spare parts, accessories or components.
- Slight deviations from the specified quality that do not affect the functionality or value of the tool.
- Tools that have had unauthorised repair or modification made.
- Defects recognized by Trend as being covered by the guarantee shall be corrected either by means of repair of the faulty tool free of charge or by replacement with a tool in perfect working order (this may possibly be a later model). Retained tools for which a replacement has been provided shall become our property.
5. The guarantee claim must be submitted within the guarantee period. This requires the submission or sending of the complete tool in question along with the original sales receipt, which must indicate the purchase date and the product description, directly to Trend or to one of our Trend Authorised Service Agents (TSA’s). If a claim is made within the 36-month guarantee period based on the above-mentioned registration, the downloaded and printed registration form must also be submitted. Partially or completely disassembled tools cannot be submitted or forwarded in the case of a guarantee claim. Trend offer a collection service for warranty claims (telephone Trend Customer Services on 01923 249911, or email firstname.lastname@example.org); if you decide to send the tool to a Trend Authorised Service Agent, the costs and risk of transport will be borne by you. Transport charges for invalid claims may be charged at the discretion of Trend; invalid warranty claims may be repairable, in which case you may be offered an estimate of the cost involved for the repair.
6. Services provided under guarantee do not lengthen or renew the guarantee period for the tool.
7. Claims other than the right to correction of faults in the tool named in these guarantee conditions are not covered by our guarantee.
8. The guarantee is personal to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
The above guarantees (in reference to the 3 year extended warranty) apply to tools that are bought and used in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland only.